|Special Invitation: Mini-Symposium & Performances
September, 17, 2014 on Governors Island
$25 (includes performance, meal and drink tickets)
Space is limited- RSVP by September 11, 2014
Direct from Holland, the New Island Festival presents the work of over 150 Dutch artists on New York City's Governors Island from September 10-13 and September 17-20.
On Thursday, September 17th, theatre practitioners, students and site specific performance enthusiasts are invited to participate in a half-day mini-symposium with Dutch and US based performing artists to discuss the growing popularity and forms of site specific theatre. The mini-symposium will provide multiple opportunities for artist/audience debate in response to various questions about new aesthetics and forms being explored by theatremakers plus the connection between performance, architecture and the process of creating site specific work. The mini-symposium includes the opportunity to see performances by Dutch artists.
Schedule of Events on September 17, 2014:
- 1:15pm Ferry departs from the Battery Maritime Building in Lower Manhattan
- 1:30 - 2:15pm Registration and exploration of site specific installations
- 2:30 - 4:00pm Panel, moderated by Anne Bogart with Dutch and US-based artists, including Lotte van den Berg, Luc van Loo, Meiyin Wang and Jay Scheib
- 4:15pm Installation: The Archaeological Dig
- Then attend one of the following performances* (requests must be made at time of RSVP)
|Braakland (Wasteland) Dir. Lotte van den Berg Compagnie Dakar
6:00 - 7:25pm
Dir. Jetse Batelaan
7:00 - 8:25pm
|Orfeo: Performance & Dinner
Created by Veenfabriek
8:00 - 9:15pm
|La Voix Humaine
Dir. Ivo van Hove Toneelgroep Amsterdam With Halina Reijn
|*You may attend any of the additional 30 performances between 4-10pm for free. Performances are in English, subtitled, or non-verbal-visit www.newislandfestival.com additional info.
|Food and drink are served nightly at the enormous 400-foot long table from 6 - 10pm.
Post Show Activities:
- 10:00pm Visit the Boulevard of Broken Dreams for food, drinks and conversation with artists and audience members, or enjoy other performance events on the island
- 11:00pm Ferry returns to the Battery Maritime Building in Lower Manhattan (Free).
Ferry service to Manhattan runs every 30 minutes beginning at 4pm.
To RSVP, please email the following info to RSVP@tin.nl by September 11, 2012 (Additional information with exact departure time/gathering place will be sent in advance)
Mini-Symposium is organized by:
- Phone Number:
- Email address:
- Number of Mini-Symposium Passes ($25 each, payable in cash upon arrival):
- Preferred Performance Option (first-come, first-served basis):
Custom made e-mail nieuwsbrief laten maken? Ga naar Amstelonline.nl